FIRST CLASS FIREWORKS: Huge displays return to Wolverhampton this November
Wolverhampton fireworks display.
Two world-class firework displays will light up Wolverhampton’s skyline in November after the city council announced that its pyrotechnic extravaganza would return in 2021 after a pause last year due to the pandemic.
The event, which will feature two firework displays, will take place on November 6 at Wolverhampton Racecourse, Gorsebrook Road.
The displays will once again be staged by the award-winning Komodo Fireworks who are two-time British musical firework champions and four-time winners of the UK fireworks championships.
Gates open at 5pm, the first display, aimed at families with children, will start at 6.30pm and the second main display will be at 8pm.
The fun does not stop there, the evening will also include a family-friendly funfair suitable for all ages, a variety of bars and food stalls around the racecourse.
The racecourse will once again be offering a limited number of its popular ‘stay warm’ packages where people can enjoy the spectacular firework displays from the comfort of a shared hospitality box with their own dedicated bar and toilet facilities.
There will be no bonfire at this year’s event. This is because organisers want to create enough space to allow the maximum amount of people into the venue safely with Covid infection levels still high.
Councillor Steve Evans, City of Wolverhampton Council’s cabinet member with responsibility for events, said: “The people of Wolverhampton can look forward to two world-class firework displays on November 6. Working with one of the UK’s leading and award-winning firework companies, these will be something really special.
“It promises to be a fantastic night out, we will be so pleased to welcome people back to this annual event which sadly had to be postponed last year due to the pandemic.
“Wolverhampton is an events city, we are bringing back live entertainment for people to enjoy and discounted advance tickets are on sale now.
“There won’t be a bonfire this year and this is purely to enable the maximum amount of space possible for crowds to enjoy the fireworks safely. We know other areas of the country have taken the same decision for the same reason.
“As ever, I would urge people to attend a professionally arranged fireworks displays like this one at the racecourse rather than attempting to light fireworks at home which can be dangerous and cause injuries.”
Latest Birmingham News
CHANNEL’S DEADLIEST DAY: Priti Patel says there is ‘no quick fix’ to tackle crossings after deadliest day
LIVERPOOL EXPLOSION: Ball bearings in Liverpool bomb could have caused significant death, police say
Watch the channel on TV